Happy Groundhog Day! A time to celebrate since Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow this morning - meaning we'll have an early end to winter.
In Wisconsin, they had to get a new groundhog because the old one bit the mayor last year.
- The Mayor ended up with an early Spring but six more weeks of rabies.
We're also celebrating today... because the Iowa Caucuses are finally over! The 3 top winners on the Republican side were Cruz, Trump and Rubio - in that order. On the Democratic side, Clinton and Sanders are 50-50 in a statistical dead heat.
The real winner is a woman in Nepal who turned 112 years old which she owes to smoking 30 cigarettes a day.
- She obviously hasn't heard that cigarettes can kill you.
Hillary Clinton is putting out a children's book called "Some Girls Are Born To Lead".
- Meanwhile her husband is putting out a children's book called "Curious Bill Goes To The Moonlight Bunny Ranch".
The principal of an elementary school is Minnesota has banned celebrations of Christmas, Thanksgiving and Valentines Day so as not to offend students of "diverse backgrounds".
- Finally...someone is taking a stand against the most divisive figure in America... Cupid.
- Instead of candy hearts reading "Be Mine", the principal will get notes reading "Up Yours".
A study out of New Zealand found that dogs read faces just like humans do.
- And then they lick them.
The American Crime Story series, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson" premieres tonight on FX.
- I can't wait to find out how it ends!
Don't Forget! The 29th Annual Salvation Army Bed & Bread Radiothon is coming up on Friday, February 26th on 760 WJR AM from 6am to 10pm. Gail and I are asking you to help match our $30,000 donation which you can do right now by texting the key word "Purtan" to 41444 on your cell phone. Any amount you donate to this local feeding and sheltering program is appreciated!
Have a great day and I'll see you back here tomorrow!