Welcome to the weekend and Podcast #148...today Jackie and I take our places at the Purtan dining room table for a verbal feast on topics including:
- The upcoming 28th Annual Salvation Army Radiothon, Friday Feb. 27, and the new location in Royal Oak for the big broadcast.
- "No Pudge Brownies"... the great way to enjoy my favorite dessert with all the fudginess and none of the pudginess.
- National DJ Day - surprisingly, a day honoring Club DJ's for "bringing energy to the dance floor", NOT Radio DJ's. But it doesn't matter because Radio guys like being called "Air Personalities" instead.
- The current controversy over the New England Patriots and who deflated their footballs...and my personal experience with deflated footballs on the street where I grew up.
- The 6 NFL teams I always root for... and why.
- A little known story about a former Buffalo Bills QB who was framed by the mafia... involving a drugged drink, a hotel bed, a hooker and a photograph.
- And an astonishing and heartwarming story about a very special acquaintance of Jackie's...a man named James... that will appear in the Free Press this Sunday or Monday.
I encourage you to watch out for the story in the Freep. It will blow you away. In the meantime, tune in to Podcast #148 - it's fully inflated! (35:34)
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday with my regular blog!