Welcome to the weekend and Podcast #133! This time around, I sit down with my daughter and partner in Podcasting crime, Jackie, for a verbal buffet of topics. Among today's specials:
- The passing of restauranteur John Genitti of "Genitti's Hole-in-the-Wall" in Northville, who was not only a great guy, but threw a party "for everyone" at his house each Friday night.
- Jackie running into Chuck Gaidica who just left TV Meteorology for the Ministry and how his career change affected her.
- Are Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head actually cannibals?
- The 100th anniversary of WWI and how it led to WWII.
- The frightening seriousness of the ISIS situation in the middle east.
- A "Best Of" cut from my radio show: Big Al as the Port-a-Potty maitre d at the Woodward Dream Cruise.
- How I scored two foot-long Tootsie Rolls for just one dollar.
- And how large formal weddings lead to happier marriages... with one notable family exception.
So as August winds down, gear up for an almost-end-of-the-summer-around-the-world-and-back-discussion-of-just-about-everything in Podcast #133. (32:55)
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday with my regular blog!