Welcome to the weekend and a brand spanking new Podcast...#124! We recorded our latest offering on June 6th, the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day Invasion at Normandy. Being history buffs, Jackie and I share some personal memories of the trips we were lucky enough to take to visit those historic beaches. But wait...there's more! We also talk about:
- Detroit's own movie host Bill Kennedy, and his role as Joan of Arc's executioner in the Ingrid Bergman film... and the in-retrospect rather un-PC line he repeated over and over in the movie.
- What it must have been like to live in previous centuries in terms of "hygiene"... (Did George Washington use Lemon Pledge to brush his teeth?)
- The astounding fact that even today, less than 50% of people in India have indoor plumbing and how that actually leads to higher crime rates.
- With the Bowe Bengdahl debacle... I'll tell you what I would have done instead of trading the 5 terrorists from Gitmo...that would have been a lot more fun and would have made EVERYONE happy!
- How a certain former basketball owner may have ruined his Sterling reputation, but ended up laughing all the way to the bank.
- And on this auspicious Anniversary, we send our deepest thanks to all of the men and women, through all the years, who have fought to keep America free.
Have a great weekend...and I'll see you back here on Monday with my regular blog!