The 1986 teen comedy "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" has been selected by the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress as "culturally, historically or aesthetically" significant, meaning it will be "preserved for future generations". The movie was written and directed by the late John Hughes. Hughes, among other movies, wrote and directed "National Lampoon's Vacation", "Home Alone", and my personal favorite, "Planes, Trains & Automobiles". Hughes was born in Lansing and spent the first 12 years of his life in Grosse Pointe, thus explaining why one of the three characters wore a Gordie Howe jersey throughout the film.
- Thoughts on this? Anyone..... Anyone.... Bueller?
North Korea's Kim Jong Un is threatening to strike the U.S. mainland over the Holidays because we accused them of hacking into the computers at Sony Pictures.
- Pretty big talk from a guy who looks like he should be an elf making toys in Santa's workshop.
Meanwhile, the North Korean government is still trying to figure out what caused a "massive" 10-hour Internet outage in their country yesterday.
- The U.S. denies any involvement...(Wink Wink).
A New York Rabbi says that "A Christmas Story" is the most appropriate film for Jewish people to watch during the holidays.
- As for music, he recommends "I'll Be Home For Hannukah", "Frosty The Highly Successful Doctor/Lawyer" and "Bubby Got Runover By A Reindeer".
The Federal government has granted American Indian Tribes the right to grow marijuana on their land.
- Most of Congress was in favor of the move, but some had Reservations. (da dum dum!)
The New Jersey strip club that was used in the Sopranos was robbed of $30,000 on Sunday.
- The thieves had to use two getaway cars to fit in all those singles.
TLC is debuting a new show in January called "My Husband Is Not Gay" in which 3 wives try to make their husbands straight again.
A Detroit man dressed as Santa Claus shot two men who tried to hit on Mrs. Claus.
- Pay attention kids! Santa takes this whole "naughty" thing a little more seriously than you might have thought.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here tomorrow...Christmas Eve!