Well here it is… another Friday. And what a week it was – both on a personal and public level!
Personally, I achieved some amazing things in this, my fourth week of retirement. On Tuesday, I changed two – count ‘em two – light bulbs WITHOUT using the instruction manual or calling one of my sons-in law. I know… pretty amazing. (I don’t want to brag – but one of them was a “three way bulb”… you know ‘75, 100 and 150’ watts – which in my opinion, made the job three times more challenging).
As for world news…
The volcanic eruption in Iceland continued wrecking havoc for airline passengers across Europe.
- I was proud to be an American when I heard a rep from United airlines say, “Hey… we’re not afraid of some stupid Volcano. We’ll kick it’s ash.”
The real bombshell of the week had to be the announcement that Larry King and his eighth wife, Shawn, both filed for divorce.
- Am I the only one who thought those crazy kids were really in love? Maybe I’m just looking at the world through rose-colored glasses (as opposed to Larry who’s looking at everything through trifocals).
Michael Flatley – of “Lord of the Dance” fame has announced that he will return to the stage after a 12-year hiatus.
- He’d have been back sooner but it took this long to get all of his shoes re-soled.
In “The King-Other-Than-Larry” News…
On this date in 1956, Elvis Presley made his Las Vegas debut. He opened for comic Shecky Green and flopped so badly he didn’t return to Vegas for 13 years.
- He’d have been back sooner but it took that long to get his hips re-swiveled
After much consideration, our “Story of the Week” honor goes unanimously to Sean Andrew McClendon the man who was arrested in Oklahoma for allegedly dropping his pants and shaking his bare-derriere at women in two different Target stores on the same day. Police say the man has a history of indecent exposure charges.
- For more info… check out our post from Wednesday, but suffice it to say, he took the “Half-Off Everything In The Store” Sale a bit too literally.
Finally, we want to introduce a new Friday Feature… It’s our “Favorite Facebook Feedback” Award. This week it goes to two gentlemen who commented on my gleeful post that Kate Gosselin had finally been kicked off Dancing With the Stars…
Joshua DeLand posted: …free at last! free at last! free at last! Thank God almighty we are free at last! And Ron Dewey who added… “Our long national nightmare is over…”
Thanks to all of you for all of your great comments! We read them all so keep ‘em coming!
Have a great weekend and check back right here Monday for new postings! For now, I’ve gotta go… Judge Judy is about to settle a dispute between a landlord and a tenant who’s been hiding a pet poodle in a no-pets allowed building. Could it get any better than this?
All the best,