Lady Gaga says it took 6 months of rehearsal to prepare for her highly praised medley of songs from "The Sound of Music" at Sunday night's Oscars.
- She was supposed to perform with 7 kids dressed in window treatments, but producers said they sounded like Von Crapp.
Ratings for NBC Nightly News were up by 7% in the first full week without Brian Williams.
- Apparently viewers are willing to give a shot to anyone who doesn't claim they've been shot at.
Sources say that NJ Governor Chris Christie may film a TV show about his quest for the White House.
- I'm guess it will appear on The Food Network.
- Possible titles for the show include: "The Walking Well Fed" and "Game of Scones".
New reports say ISIS is posting pancake recipes online to target new recruits.
- They're hoping to convince people who have been waffling on whether or not to join.
- The pancakes are part of the "Rootie Tootie Fresh & Jihadie" breakfast they serve at their training camps.
A 29-year-old Swedish Cat has been named the "Oldest Cat in the World".
- If you want to see a pic of her - or any of the other bazillion cats on the planet - just go to Facebook.
DON'T FORGET! The 28th Annual Salvation Army Bed & Bread Club Radiothon is THIS Friday, Feb. 27! All 16 hours of this hugely important event will be broadcast live from the Emagine Theater in Royal Oak from 6am to 10pm on 760 WJR. The Bed & Bread Program feeds more than 5000 men, women and children in Metro Detroit everyday - 365 days a year. A donation of just $10 a month ($120/yr) will feed one person for AN ENTIRE YEAR! If you can afford $20 a month ($240/yr) you will guarantee that two people do not go hungry for an ENTIRE YEAR! No matter what you can afford is appreciated!
Yours Truly will be behind the mic for the final three hours of the Radiothon - from 7pm to 10pm - along with some of "Purtan's People" from my radio show and some very special guests, including Tim Allen and James "The Walking Man" Robertson. I hope you'll stop by the broadcast, but more importantly, I hope you will donate to this vital cause! And you can do that by calling 248-528-0760 or go to salmich.org. And please...share this info with your friends and contacts!
Thanks in advance for your support of a cause very near and dear to my heart.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here tomorrow!