Welcome to the weekend and an Encore Presentation of Podcast #148!
I'm putting last week's Podcast up again because I've got a surprise coming up for you at the beginning of next week. I'm recording it on Monday with a very special guest - unlike any I've had on in the past.
You'll be reading this man's incredible story in the Freep this Sunday - and he - James - will be joining me, along with Jackie and her friend Blake, with more on this exceptional man, and how a random act of kindness by Blake brought the three of them together.
So for now...It's #148: The Sequel (or actually...The Repeat)
- The upcoming 28th Annual Salvation Army Radiothon, Friday Feb. 27, on WJR 760.
- "No Pudge Brownies"... the great way to enjoy my favorite dessert with all the fudginess and none of the pudginess.
- National DJ Day - surprisingly, a day honoring Club DJ's for "bringing energy to the dance floor", NOT Radio DJ's. But it doesn't matter because Radio guys like being called "Air Personalities" instead.
- The current controversy over the New England Patriots and who deflated their footballs...and my personal experience with deflated footballs on the street where I grew up.
- The 6 NFL teams I always root for... and why.
- And a little known story about a former Buffalo Bills QB who was framed by the mafia... involving a drugged drink, a hotel bed, a hooker and a photograph.
I look forward to sharing James amazing journey with you next week...but for now, tune in again (or for the first time!) to Podcast #148.
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday!