Though yesterday was Veteran’s Day, today is the official “Observance”. Thanks to all of the Veterans for their sacrifice and service.
I must include myself, since I spent a total of 8 years on Active Duty and in the Army Reserve. The most exciting action I saw, occured during training at Fort Bragg, the home of the 82nd Airborne. While there, I received a medal for my most noteworthy accomplishment, which was spending six weeks in the North Carolina heat and humidity during the middle of summer…and losing 30 pounds. (I don’t recommend it as a Diet!)
Instead of the “Purple Heart”, I got a congratulatory phone call from the President…of Weight Watchers.
And now on to other news…
General Petraeus reportedly sent hundreds, and some reports say even thousands of emails over several months to Paula Broadwell, his biographer and the woman he was having an extra-marital affair with. The emails reveal that he had sex with Broadwell under his desk at the CIA.
- A move he picked up from Bill Clinton.
- You’d think the head of the CIA would be a little better at keeping things “secret”!
- Paula Broadwell says it was just her way of “giving thanks to our troops”.
16,000 people a year go to the emergency room to treat genital injuries.
- 5,000 of those trips have been made by a General D. Patraeus in the week since his wife found out about the affair.
In other shocking romantic news… Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have broken up.
- You’ll be able to hear all the details in their new pop duet: “We Just Broke Up”.
A study in Australia found that one-in-three women feel depressed after sex.
- But, like the sex itself, the depression usually lasts only a minute or two.
- This must be why they refer to Australia as “The Land Down Under”.
McDonald’s just posted it’s first sales drop in nine years.
- Looks like Michael Moore switched to Burger King!
On this day in 1928, George Gipp’s request to “Win one for the Gipper” was fufilled when Notre Dame beat Army 12-6.
- Yesterday, General Petraeus requested that his lawyers “Win one for my Zipper”.
Have a great day, Thank a Veteran, and I’ll see you back here Tuesday!