Tonight, the Obamas will host a state dinner for Chinese President Hu Jintao. Symbolism and protocol are so important to the Chinese, they’ve been trying for 5 years to get the invite. China is even running a commercial on the Jumbotron in Times Square to boost its image among Americans. The White House has been tight lipped about details of the event.
- This will be the first “All You Can Eat Buffet” State Dinner in White House history.
- Diners will have two entrees to choose from on Column A and Column B.
- Sasha and Malia will provide the entertainment… they’ll play “Chopsticks” on the piano.
- The only easy decision was to serve dinner on the good china instead of paper plates.
- In honor of the occasion, Keith Olbermann will refer to his network as MSG-BC.