Hoda Kotb, current co-host of the 4th hour of the Today Show with Kathy Lee Gifford will officially replace Matt Lauer on the morning show.
- Kathy Lee tweeted that she's thrilled for her Partner in Wine. (I'm pretty sure she meant "Partner in CRIME", but as they say... It's always 5pm somewhere).
CNN replaced Anderson Cooper's former New Year's Eve co-host Kathy Griffin with Bravo's Andy Cohen... making them the first openly gay duo to host the Times Square event.
- There hasn't been that much giggling since Hasbro introduced "Tickle Me Elmo". (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
Meanwhile, CNN is facing backlash for featuring a seemingly out-of-it reporter, wearing "weed" earings while holding a lit joint at a pot party in Colorado during their New Year's Eve coverage.
- Viewers caught on when the reporter said she was waiting for the Bong to drop.
Pope Francis urged his churchgoers to get rid of "useless baggage" in 2018.
- And if you want to get rid of ALL your baggage, just book a flight on Southwest Airlines.
A survey by Northern Michigan University found that the phrase that people want banned most from the English language is "fake news".
- Of course, I have no idea if this story is real or not.
Students at the University of Rome figured out that one of their popular math professors is a former gay porn star.
- They got suspicious when one student recognized the prof as the star of the adult film set during World War II called "I've Done Kirk".
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Wednesday!