Congratulations to the legendary American Coney Island at the corner of Michigan and Lafayette downtown, celebrating their 100th Birthday today! One of the scenes in the hour long "Dick Purtan Comedy Special" on Channel 4 back in the 80's was shot there. It was one of my favorite parts of the show... mainly because we got FREE coneys after the shoot! To this day, people still argue about which of the two side-by-side Coney's Islands, The American or The Lafayette is the best. To be honest... I never could tell the difference!
Financial experts are predicting that the end of shopping malls is near because of the increasing popularity of online shopping.
- As proof they claim more and more Americans are referring to their kitchen's as "the food court".
Supermodel Giselle Bunchen said her husband Tom Brady gets concussions "Like all the time", adding "I mean I’m planning on having him be healthy and do a lot of fun things when we’re like 100, I hope."
- The way Giselle talks, I'm thinking like maybe she's had like a concussion or two herself.
United Airlines charged a soldier $200 for an overweight Military Duffel Bag as he was trying to fly home after serving 21 months in Afghanistan.
- At this point United should just change their name to something more popular... like "Malaysia Air".
Police are searching for a Pizza Hut Supervisor who fled after pepper-spraying a female employee during a disagreement about where to put the pepperoni and cheese on a pizza.
- And that, ladies and gentlemen is a little "Slice of Life" story for today.
A Girl Scout Troop leader in Kentucky is under arrest for stealing more than 6000 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.
- Her attorney said she only planned to take one box... but then wanted S'more.
- On the bright side, she can now add a Police Badge to her green sash!
Willie Nelson worried fans when he walked off stage during the middle of a concert this week, returning 20 minutes later appearing "dazed and disoriented".
- How could they tell???
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Friday!