Today is Presidents Day!
- The day we set aside to honor George Washington and Abraham Lincoln by saving 50% on a new mattress.
- But to be fair... When I think of a mattress, Bill Clinton does come to mind.
RIP... Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. He was found dead of natural causes in his room at a Texas resort on Saturday. He was 79. Even Liberal commentators were saying over the weekend that he was one of the great legal minds in the 240 year history of the United States.
Democrats want a liberal replacement for Scalia, Republicans want a conservative...
- ...and most Americans think Judge Judy is the most qualified.
Scalia's death means there are only eight justices on the High Court which could leave decisions stalled at 4-4.
- In the event of a tie, they will go to the time honored method of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Kanye West sent a tweet out over the weekend asking people to pray for him because he is $59 Million in debt.
- Not even the Pope is going for that one.
Oddsmakers say tonight's Grammy for Album of the Year will likely go to rapper Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly".
- I haven't been this excited since 2006 when the Oscar for Best Song went to "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp. (True!)
Whole Foods announced that they plan on incorporating Tattoo parlors into some of their stores.
- We know two things: The tattoos will be overpriced and gluten free.
- Company Execs say they didn't really think about it, the idea just came to them organically.
- So now you can get a Free Range Chicken and a Tramp Stamp at the same store!
In Canada, Doritos sold Valentine's Roses made out of tortilla chips.
- Nothing says "I Love You" like a bouquet covered in powdered nacho cheese.
The Salvation Army Bed & Bread Club Radiothon is less than two weeks away! Gail and I are asking you to help match our donation this year of $30,000. Anything you would like to donate is welcome in our effort to turn that $30,000 into $60,000. Every penny raised goes to feed and shelter almost 5000 men, women & children every day. It's convenient and simple to donate - you can do it right now! Just text: PURTAN to 41444 on your smartphone and follow the prompts. The Radiothon itself takes place on Friday, Feb. 26th from 6am to 10pm and will be broadcast live on WJR am 760. I, along with all of "Purtan's People" will be hosting the 7pm to 10pm portion. Thanks so much.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Tuesday!