This afternoon, the Illitch family is holding a huge Ground-Breaking Ceremony for the new Red Wings Arena and the new Entertainment District along Woodward just north of Downtown. It will be followed by a Block Party from 6 to 9 pm, with family friendly events including live bands, food trucks, and a temporary ice rink. To add to the festive mood, the Tigers have clinched a play-off spot. They have a 2-game lead over K.C. with 4 games left to play. The magic number is 3!!!
In less happy news... After 100 years in Detroit, Cadillac is moving it's global headquarters to New York City.
- Why??? If they can make luxury cars there...they can make them anywhere! (Including here!)
Bill Clinton may have accidentally leaked the sex of his soon-to-be-born grandchild on Good Morning America. He referred to the baby as his "Grandson" before quickly adding "or Grand daughter".
- Bill's hoping it's a boy so he can take him fishing, teach him baseball, and meet all those co-eds when the kid heads off to college.
- Boy or girl, this will be Bill's first grandchild... that we know of.
American soft drink makers announced plans to reduce sugars by 20% without comprising taste.
- The plan includes attaching a packet of pink, blue or yellow artificial sweetener to each can...either that, or they'll just lie about the amount of sugar on the label.
A story about a Florida woman getting a third breast in hopes of landing a reality show turned out to be a hoax.
- We already have a reality show with 3 Boobs...it's called "Keeping Up With The Kardashians".
- I thought "The Three Stooges" nailed the 3 Boob thing years ago.
Ringo Starr told reporters that there's no way there will be a Beatles reunion anytime soon.
- Apparently nobody bothered to tell Ringo that John and George are no longer with us.
- In addition, he added that he has no plans to appear on "The Ed Sullivan Show" this fall.
A British chef introduced a burger that tastes like human flesh.
- I think we already have a product like this...it's called "Manwich".
- He claims he uses only the finest ingredients including "Ground Chuck".
- He plans on expanding the menu to include "Frank and Beans".
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Friday with a brand new Podcast!