Welcome to the weekend and a hot-off-the-grill new Podcast (#128)! Jackie and I will be your servers and I'd like to take a minute to tell you about this weeks "specials"...
- It's one of the hardest forms of comedy: Improv. Jackie uses her experience as an original member of The Second City Detroit to let us in on just how it works.
- Dave Rexroth's accident and recovery and the fact that in just 24 hours, 15,000 of you sent your prayers and good wishes to him via dickpurtan.com!
- The passing of actress Elaine Stritch. You may not think you know who she is, but chances are good you do.
- How she went from singing "Bongo Bongo Bongo I Don't Want to Leave the Congo, Oh No! No! No!" to "Send it the Clowns".
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl returned to duty...and exactly which side authorized it (Uncle Sam or his Tali-Buddies???)
- How the Fall like weather and Toronto Mayor Rob Ford made it hard to celebrate "National Respect Canada Day".
- Marvel comics announcement that the he-man character "Thor" is becoming a woman and what real life celebrity might have inspired the change.
- How the city of Philadelphia wanted to tax lap dances under the "amusement tax" and how that "sat" with a Judge.
Of course each "entree" comes with plenty of "asides"! So take a few minutes to feast on Podcast #128...you don't even have to leave a tip!
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday with my regular blog!