IT'S APRIL FOOLS DAY! Or as Mark Twain famously said:
"This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four."
So what's considered the best April Fool's Prank of all time???
On April 1, 1957 the British news show Panorama broadcast a three-minute segment about a bumper spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland. The success of the crop was attributed both to an unusually mild winter and to the "virtual disappearance of the spaghetti weevil." The show's highly respected anchor discussed the details of the spaghetti crop as viewers watched video footage of a Swiss family pulling pasta off spaghetti trees and placing it into baskets. The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest hoax generated an enormous response. Hundreds of people phoned the BBC wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti tree. To this query the BBC diplomatically replied, "Place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best."
Congrats to the Tigers for winning their home opener against the KC Royals 4-3!
Comic book hero Batman turns 75 today.
- He's still behind the wheel of the Batmobile, but it's left-turn signal is always on and he goes 45mph on the freeway.
- At his age, he needs Viagra to use the Bat Pole.
China announced plans to cover the world in surveillance cameras.
- The program is known as "Moo Goo Spy Cam".
- Wouldn't it be cheaper to just hack into the NSA's video system?
Lady Ga-Ga was caught using the men's room at a Broadway theater during a break in the show "Of Mice and Men".
- Luckily Rosie O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow were standing by the stalls at the time and told her she was in the wrong bathroom.
Grandparents are being told by the USDA to read "Government Bedtime Stories" to their Grandkids to encourage them to eat healthy.
- Some of the Government stories include: "I Love You Only This Much...Because Portion Control is Important!", "Curious George Got In Big Trouble For Eating a Cookie!" and "Green Eggs & Ham Will Give You a Heart Attack Someday".
Some Deaf People in California who were given a special number to call to sign up for Obamacare were instead directed to a Phone Sex line.
- If they thought the sex line was expensive, wait until they see their health care premiums.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Wednesday!