RIP Sid Caesar... The incredibly talented comedic actor, who hosted "Your Show of Shows" - a 90 Minute LIVE weekly Comedy TV show in the 1950's has died at the age of 91. He was - and still is - widely regarded as one of the most gifted comic talents this country has ever seen. I'm proud to say that the Purtan family has a personal history with Mr. Caesar! It's gets rather complicated - so I'll save it for tomorrow's Podcast! Here is one of his classic "Double-Speak" routines from "Caesar's Hour" - another one of his television shows - back in 1954.
Using one of his controversial "Executive Orders", President Obama raised the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 an hour.
- Which basically means that up until now, the people who built the Obamacare website were making the same amount as the guy who asks if you want fries at McDonalds.
- A lot of legal scholars say the "Executive Orders" are unconstitutional...so the President signed an "Executive Order" making it legal to deport legal scholars.
The FDA approved a pill-sized camera that doctors can use for colonoscopies. All the patients have to do is "swallow" the camera.
- This is going to make for some interesting new profile pics on Facebook.
A nun in Italy who gave birth to a baby boy says she didn't even know she was pregnant.
- Apparently she also didn't know that she's not allowed to have sex.
- Nuns really frown on women having babies out of wedlock!
Michael Jordan's wife gave birth to identical twin girls in Charlotte, NC.
- So now they've got a pair of "Heir Jordan's".
According to a new study, 67% of people in committed relationships know their spouses online passwords.
- That's nothing compared to the 100% of NSA workers who know everyone's online passwords.
Iran sent war ships passing by the U.S. Atlantic coast to try and intimidate us.
- The US Navy immediately ordered Royal Caribbean to send their ship "Norovirus of the Seas" to the Persian Gulf.
- That outta give the Iranians a run for their money.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Friday with a shiny new Podcast! (#111).
And don't forget the 27th Annual Salvation Army 16-Hour Bed & Bread Club Radiothon is coming up in a little over a week, Friday, Feb. 21st live from the Oakland Mall and broadcast on 760 AM WJR. Jackie, Big Al and I will be hosting the Radiothon during the 4pm to 8pm segment. The Bed & Bread Program feeds 5000 men, women and children in our area every day and shelters over 600 people a night! I hope you'll join us...and of course DONATE! You can even make your donation now by calling 248-528-0760! Operators are waiting for your call!