First of all, thank you for your incredible outpouring of support for yesterday's piece on Bill Bonds. Your "likes", comments and emails truly spoke to the amazing and lasting impact Bill had on the people of this town. Even in death, he's larger than life. I know he would have liked that.
And now on with the news...
A 200 pound wooden statue of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer has been stolen from a Los Angeles neighborhood where it's been on display for 50 years.
- Cupid and Vixen also disappeared...but it turns out they just got picked up by Charlie Sheen.
- Santa's gonna have a heckuva time getting around LA without Rudolph's nose to cut through all the smog.
A Vatican spokesperson says the Pope was misquoted when he said that all dogs go to Heaven.
- He meant to say all dogs EXCEPT the one who recorded the Barking Version of "Jingle Bells".
A Gynecologist in Maine was suspended for issuing marijuana prescriptions to men.
- The men said they needed the pot to help calm them down when their wives had PMS.
A bunch of "Magic Mushrooms" were found growing in the Queen's garden at Buckingham Palace.
- So I guess we can add "Green Thumb" to Prince Harry's list of talents.
Barbara Walters named George Clooney's wife as the "Most Fascinating Person of 2014".
- George Clooney's wife??? I think it's time Barbara took her "retirement" a little more seriously.
The film classic Gone With the Wind premiered 75 years ago yesterday.
Years ago I purchased Clark Gable's personal copy of the GWTW script at a Hollywood auction, which I still own. One of these days I'll probably sell it...but I'll think about that tomorrow. After all... tomorrow IS another day!
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Wednesday!