Great Red Wing Legend Gordie Howe is said to be resting comfortably after suffering a serious stroke at his daughter's house in Texas Sunday morning. His son Murray Howe, a Doctor in Toledo, says Gordie, who is 86, is able to speak, but has limited movement on the right side of his body and needs help walking. Gordie also suffers from dementia and underwent successful spinal surgery for back pain this summer.
So please join me and the entire Purtan Family in sending Prayers for a speedy recovery to a great athlete... and a great man.
The 18,000 sq. ft. Grosse Pointe Shores mansion of Art Van Furniture founder Art VanElslander, originally listed at $15.9 million was sold at auction yesterday for an undisclosed price.
- They don't know how much it went for, but we do know the deal included no money down, no interest for four years AND Art Van paid the sales tax!
- The home was closed the day before the auction so employees could slash the price to the absolute lowest of the season.
Macy's announced plans to open it's first-ever store in the Middle Eastern country of Dubai.
- It'll be located in the downtown area right next to "Bed, Burka & Beyond".
Taco Bell announced that they'll start accepting orders by phone to cut down on wait times.
- Great news guys! Imagine how impressed your date will be when you tell her you don't have to wait in the drive-thru line!
Duck Dynasty star Jep Robertson, who is recovering from a seizure he suffered during a hunting trip, says it was like something he's never seen before.
- Like a dentist.
Dolly Parton told Billboard Magazine that Christians should start accepting people as they naturally are.
- Funny... Dolly never felt that way BEFORE she had the implants.
- Which is great advice for everybody but Bruce Jenner who has NO IDEA who he "naturally" is.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Thursday!