Bradley Manning, the soldier who revealed government secrets to Wikileaks, was sentenced to a surprisingly light 35 years in prison.
- He could have saved himself a lot of trouble if he’d just gone into professional football like his brothers Peyton and Eli.
- The light sentence came as a surprise to everyone but Bradley. He’d given a copy of the judge’s decision to Wikileaks weeks ago.
Manning, who made “gender confussion” a big part of his defense says he will begin hormone therapy and begin living life as a woman named Chelsea.
- Looks like somebody’s Prison dance card is filled for the next 35 years!
- “Chelsea” says like all women, she wants a magical wedding to the man of her dreams…Eric Snowden.
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, who has been accused of groping 18 different women, has now reached a tentative deal.
- He goes to jail…but gets to share a cell with Bradley Manning.
Richard Branson has raised the price of a trip into space on his Virgin Galactic airline from $200,000 to $250,000.
- For the extra $50 grand, you get a round trip.
Researchers have developed a smart phone app that decodes a baby’s cry to let the parents know if the child is hungry, tired or “uncomfortable”.
- I thought we already had an App for that…it’s called MOM.
Ex-Pope Benedict says he quit because God told him to resign during a “mystical experience”.
- That, or somebody was dipping into the Papal wine rack more than Sunday mornings.
The Obamas just got a second dog.
- The Prez immediately hired an official “Pooper Scooper” for the dog, thus created another “shovel ready job”.
Have a great day and I’ll see you back here tomorrow. And Heads Up! In lieu of a Podcast, Friday I’ll be posting a handful of “Best Of” cuts off the “Best of Purtan” Vol. 3. Get ready for Gene Taylor with a “Ladies of Harley” poem, Joe Noune as Mayor Young talking about hermaphrodites, and Doc Andrews as Gordon Kinkaid with two pop quizes! Plus more! Don’t miss it!!!