69 years ago today, June 6, 1944 the greatest seaborne military invasion of all time began with the landing of US, British, and Canadian troops on the beaches of Normandy, France. “D-Day” as it’s known, marked the beginning of the end of World War II. With 600 US WWII vets dying everyday, the numbers of these brave men are dwindling. We’ll never forget them, nor the sacrifices they made during that bloody war. They have our eternal thanks and our promise to remember - and pass on to our children, grandchildren and beyond - how they literally “Saved The World” with their sacrifices.
God Bless Them and God Bless America.
Kwame Kilpatrick is out of jail having knee surgery. He asked to be allowed to recouperate at home claiming he “doesn’t feel safe” convalescing in prison.
- I’m sure they’re are plenty of guys in the slammer who would love to give him a sponge bath.
- Kwame allegedly hurt his knee while walking into court for his Federal Racketeering Trial and tripped over his own lies.
The IRS said they can’t find receipts to account for spending $4 million on a conference in 2010.
- Hey…why don’t you try this next year… and see how that works out for you!
- You really can’t blame them for misplacing the receipts…I mean they were all pretty drunk at the time.
The winner of the record $590 million Powerball lottery was revealed to be 84-year-old Gloria MacKenzie of Zephyrhills, Florida. She says she only won the ticket because of a kind stranger who let her go ahead of them in line.
- The “stranger” says this shows that “random acts of kindness” can positively effect the recipient’s life… and screw you over big time.
Taco Bell fired the employee who posted a video online that showed him licking a stack of taco shells.
- If watching a guy lick taco shells doesn’t make you sick, just eating the regular food at Taco Bell will.
A thief broke into a car in Oregon and stole a trunk full of sex toys the owner was collecting for a bachelorette party.
- He was picked out in a line-up not because of his face, but because he was the only guy vibrating.
Have a great day…and remember all those who made it possible for us to live in Freedom.