Just a week after Dennis Rodman’s “peace mission” to North Korea, after which he announced that dictator Kim Jong Un is a “great guy”, that he “loves him”, and that Un “doesn’t want do war”, North Korea announced that their plans call for firing a pre-emptive nuclear missile strike against the U.S.
- If it’s true, it’s certainly gonna put a kink in their “Bromance”.
The head of Russia’s Communist Party is calling for a “world wide investigation” into the Cancer death of Hugo Chavez earlier this week. He says it’s “no coincidence” that the leaders of 6 Latin countries known for criticizing the US have been diagnosed with cancer.
- Wow! We are WAY more powerful than I thought!
- Notice he blames America for their illnesses, but Vladimir Putin gets all the credit for giving himself six-pack abs.
To prevent the confirmation of John Brennan as CIA Director - and President Obama’s proposed policy of using drones to kill Americans on American soil, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul did an old-fashioned filibuster. He talked for almost 12 hours. He wasn’t allowed to sit down or even leave the room to go to the bathroom.
- He just droned on and on…
- The last time a politician went 12 hours with out going to the bathroom was Joe Biden. He misunderstood the rules of the White House “Texas Hold ‘Em” poker tournament.
For the second time, a Congressional hearing into Global Warming was cancelled due to heavy snow.
- Well if heavy snow in Washington in March isn’t a sure sign of Global Warming I don’t know what is!
Justin Bieber was booed at a concert in London for showing up two hours late.
- Apparently somebody’s afternoon nap ran a little long.
Carrie Fisher has signed on to appear in an upcoming Star Wars movie. She’ll reprise her role as “Princess Leia” the romantic interest of “Han Solo” - who Harrison Ford has already signed on to play again.
- They’ll still be involved, but in the new movie, Harrison will have to take Viagra to get his Light Sabre to work.
- In a related story, Michael Moore has expressed an interest in playing “Jabba the Hut”.
On this day in 1876 Alexander Graham Bell was awarded a patent for the telephone.
- Texters were amazed to find out you could actually use your phone to TALK to someone!
Have a great day and I’ll see you back here tomorrow with a brand new Podcast involving a guest who has a VERY INTERESTING occupation!