There were a lot of hostile looks and elbowing at last night’s big event…
- …The same was true at the UofM/MSU basketball game. (Score: MSU 75 - Uof M 52)
President Obama’s “State of the Union” speech lasted almost exactly an hour and had a lot of people on the edge of their seats.
- With Biden and Boehner behind the Prez, it was like watching two of the Seven Dwarfs… “Happy & Grumpy”.
- Boehner looked like the guy in the commercial BEFORE he takes Ex-Lax.
At the end of his speech, Obama recognized a woman in the audience who waited in line for six hours to cast her vote in the Presidential election. She’s 102 years old.
- She said she was thrilled with the accolade but ticked off that she waited six hours to vote and all of her dead friends in Chicago voted absentee.
Today is Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent.
- Most Catholics give up things like alcohol or sweets. The Pope decided to give up his job.
- He’s already got a new job lined up: He’s going to be a Catholic School “Crossing Guard”!
The British Royal family is upset that the paparazzi got photos of Princess Kate Middleton pregnant and in a bikini.
- They were even more embarrassed by the photos of Prince Charles in a Speedo.
REMINDER: The Salvation Army Bed & Bread Club Radiothon is a week from this Friday, Feb. 22nd. Every penny raised during the 16-Hour event goes to feed over 5000 men, women and children everyday, 365 days a year, and provides shelter for more than 800 Metro-Detroiters every night. I hope you’ll join me live at the Oakland Mall or tune in anytime from 6am to 10pm on 760 WJR!
Many thanks in advance for your support!