Yesterday and today, WWII Vets made their way to Washington via "Honor Flight" to visit the World War II monument built to honor them. But due to the Government Shutdown, barricades had been erected to keep them out of the "closed" monument. Ironically, the open-air monument is always open to visitors 24/7 with or without government there. But the Soldiers who faced down Japanese Zeros and Hitler's tanks were not to be deterred. They broke through the barricades and, many of them in their eighties and nineties, fought for what was rightfully theirs: The freedom to visit their Monument.
Apparently Joe Biden's personal assistant has been furloughed. The Veep was photographed yesterday holding a folder reading "Codeword" and "Classified Document" which was pointed directly at the press. Biden did not reveal the contents of the folder.
- Nor did he read them.
- Having Joe Biden in charge of secrets is kind of like trusting your crazy Uncle Bob with your credit card.
An MSNBC anchor tried to demonstrate how to sign up for Obamacare live on TV. First she got an error message, then called the help line twice, waited on hold for 35 minutes and finally hung up.
- Rachel Maddow exclaimed "See! I told you it would be easy!"
Lindsay Lohan's parents Michael and Dina have been banned from the set of her upcoming reality show.
- There's a little known law that states only a certain number of felons is allowed on any single reality show.
- However, you can look for the whole gosh darn Lohan family in a future episode of "Lock-Up Los Angeles".
The creators of "The Simpsons" announced that sometime this season, a major character will die.
- I hope it's not Marge! They're gonna have a heckuva time drawing a casket long enough to fit her hair.
Cher says that her late ex-husband & singing partner Sonny Bono haunts and hangs around her mansion a lot.
- So apparently in the afterlife, Sonny became a plastic surgeon.
Have a great day and I'll see you back Thursday!