Happy Columbus Day...and you're Happy if you're a Spartan &/or Red Wing fan -- not so much if you pull for the Wolverines &/or Tigers!
The Tigs and Red Sox are tied at one game each in their Best of 7 series because the Tiger bullpen couldn't hold a 5 to 1 lead in the 8th and 9th innings. Game 3: Tuesday late afternoon at Comerica with Verlander on the mound.
Speaking of Columbus Day...The day we celebrate Christopher Columbus's arrival in the New World.
- As you know I'm a bit of a history buff and have read that conditions on the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria were deplorable, with waste everywhere, thus making them the first three ships in the "Carnival Cruise Line".
Because of the government shutdown, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau has halted approval of all new beers.
- So now we're stuck with the paltry 10,000 brands already available.
- Even Old Milwaukee has a better head on it than the people in Government.
- To give you an example of the trickle-down effect of the shutdown, Gyms will no longer admit members looking to get six-pack abs.
Some human resource departments are using a new technology that assesses your personality and skills in certain areas.
- They call it "The Edward Snowden Sneak 'n Leak Test".
According to a study, moms are more exhausted than dads.
- Tell me something I don't already know!
- In other shocking news, you can save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to Geiko.
The Million Vet March was held in DC over the weekend.
- If only we could have gotten the Vets to spay and/or neuter all the members of Congress! (Oops...wrong kind of Vets!)
"Romeo and Juliet" opening in theaters over the weekend.
- It got panned by the critics who called it "Much ado about nothing!"
- If Taylor Swift had played Juliet, she wouldn't have poisoned herself; she would have just broken up with Romeo and written a song about it.
Have a great day and I'll see you back here Tuesday!