January 2nd… I hope your Holidays were Safe, Happy and Healthy and that 2013 is a good year for one and all! And now, it’s time to dip our (frozen) toes back into the news of the day…
According to a study, the profession most likely to contract and spread a flu virus is postal workers.
- They’re making a movie about it called “The Postman Always Sneezes Twice”.
- If you catch a cold from a FedEx delivery man, it goes away overnight.
On New Year’s Eve, Kim Kardashian announced that she and Kanye West are expecting a baby.
- Suddenly I’m wishing the Mayans had been right about that whole “End of the World” stuff.
- Kanye said he’s excited, but added that “Beyonce had the greatest birth video of all time.”
Hugh Hefner donned a tux to marry Playmate Crystal Harris at the Playboy Mansion on New Year’s Eve. There is a 60 year age difference between the two.
- Because Hugh was exhausted, they began their honeymoon early, and Hugh dropped before the ball did.
- Instead of rice, guests pelted the happy couple with Viagra.
According to HeathDay “pubic hair grooming” injuries have increased fivefold over the last ten years.
- Hopefully this news will prompt people to restrict use of their weed-whacker to edging the front lawn.
On this day in 1890, Alice Sanger became the first female White House Staffer.
- Later that day, President Benjamin Harrison called her and asked her to bring a pizza to the Oval Office.
Have a great 2nd day of the New Year and I’ll see you back here Thursday!