Wednesday on their website, R.E.M. announced that they were calling it quits. The band that launched the indie-rock revolution in the early ‘80’s posted a message reading, “The skill in attending a party is knowing when it’s time to leave.”
- Basically they’re tired and they just want to get somemore REM sleep.
In a related story… Mick Jagger said there’s been no decision yet on whether the Rolling Stones will go on tour next year to mark the band’s 50 anniversary.
- Apparently they just can’t get no satisfaction out of it anymore.
- I’d like to see them tour, but let’s face it… “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”.
- At their age, the Rolling Stones now spend most of their time passing Kidney Stones.
- Jagger made the remarks while enjoying an Early-Bird Dinner at Ruby Tuesday’s.