President Obama turns the big 5-0 today, and he celebrated last night in Chicago with a star-studded political fundraising dinner. Jennifer Hudson and Herbie Hancock entertained at the party which cost $38,500 a plate. Critics slammed it as insensitive at a time when the economy is stalling and many Americans are desperate for jobs. But the White House says the Prez isn’t ignoring that: he plans to leave later this month for a bus tour of the Midwest to promote jobs.
- Obama says this will give one unemployed bus driver a job!
- It’s tough to blow out fifty candles… then again he’s a politician. He’s got more than enough hot air to get the job done.
- Why ask cash-strapped Amerians to donate to his re-election campaign? Why not just borrow the money from China?
- They say the party was quite raucus and “raised the roof”. Which makes this the second ceiling Obama has raised in less than a week!
- Oprah showed up and gave him a very special Birthday present… A Second Term!