Paul McCartney got married for the third time Sunday, this time to American heiress Nancy Shevell. It was a modest ceremony at the same London register office where he married his first wife, Linda. His second marriage, to Heather Mills, was at a lavish ceremoney in Ireland that was estimated to cost $3 million. Four years later, thier divorce cost Paul another $38 million. Tabloids claimed that Paul wrote a special song for his new bride and planned to debut it at the reception.
- It’s titled: “When I’m 84”.
- The new Mrs. McCartney is a mega-millionaire in her own right, so Paul figures she’s already got a leg up on Heather.
- Paul is 69, while Nancy is 51. She registered for china and he registered for Viagra.
- After an extended honeymoon, Paul plans on a series of concerts he’s dubbed “The Lipi-Tour”.
- The only other Beatle who’s still alive was part of this ceremony. He was the “Ringo” bearer.